When Style Bloggers Turn Haute DIY Designers….
By Jessie Thorpe, Denimology
As fashion bloggers, we look for great fashion at affordable prices. Unfortunately, most times high fashion comes at a substantial price tag. Some of us get emphatically crafty to achieve the cultivated couture look we seek. By making adroit changes to items (sometimes slightly pass their prime) they become stylishly spectacular! For instance, my favorite links this week all happen to be DIY projects! These bloggers made tutorials for their colorblock hair accessories, faux Phillip Lim slacks and my favorite, DIY sparkle glitter boots!
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: OCTOBER 20TH
- Beautifully Invisible - 10 Popular Blogging Myths Debunked
- Be Fabulous Daily - How To Sell Clothes on Ebay
- Cadence and Clementine - Black In Fashion
- CosmoLAWlitan - “What’s In a [Celebrity’s] Name?”
- Denimology - How To Wear Flared Jeans Properly
- Dress Code: High Fashion - Investigating Alexander McQueen`s Eshu collection and it's Yoruban inspiration
- Fashion Ice - DIY/Collar Accessory
- His Girl Friday - The Blogging Cycle of Guilt
- Inspiration & Realisation - DIY Foldover Trousers
- Joyful Outfits - How To Wear Denim Shorts For Fall
- Made To Travel - I Made It!: Snake Print Tee
- My Favourite Fashion - Vintage Vision
- Oranges & Apples - Outfit inspiration: Narrative or Functional?
- Parfait Doll - Pink Hair Couture
- Practically Spoiled - Colorblocked Bobby Pins: A Super Simple DIY
- Pretty Innovative - Shedding Some Light on Wearable Electronics
- Sanity Notebook - Personal Wardrobe No 34
- Sprinkles in Springs - DIY Sparkle Glitter Boots
- Statements in Fashion - 2 Simple Ways To Increase Blog Traffic
- Style Abuse - How To Wear Layers For Fall to Winter
- Style Bizarre - Winter Must Have: Wool
- Sugar and Spice - Making Denim Work for AW11
- The Red Dot - Lessons from Paris Fashion Week
New Denim at Shopbop: DL1961, Blank Denim, William Rast, MiH Jeans, Hudson, Paige Denim, Rich & Skinny, James Jeans, Goldsign, Dallin Chase, Citizens of Humanity, Ksubi, & J Brand.
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine